Korea Travel [5]- Seoul- Fall in love, Nami Island !!♥♥

by - Friday, May 17, 2013

It was my first time to Nami Island and I totally fell in love with this place ( Is there a place in Korea which I haven't?)
 In fact I am still in love with Nami Island now... haha. This post is going to be heavily loaded with photos, so beware~~ ^_^

To get to Nami Island, which is located 63km outside of Seoul:

 Take the Seoul Subway.
My hostel was in Hongik area, so from Hongik Station (Line 2) -> alight and transfer at City Hall Station ->  Hoegi Station (Line 1) -> Sangbong Station ( Line 7 Jungang Line) -> Gapyeong station (Gyeongchun Line)

2. Transferring at Sangbong towards Gapyeong station.

As we had some errors while boarding and alighting and took more than 2 hrs plus to reach Gapyeong. You should perhaps take 1hr 30mins or so to reach Gapyeong Station.

There is in fact a Gapyeong Inter-City Tour Bus service which lets you hop around the main attractions.  I love this bus actually.
However there is a time schedule for it. ( I will elaborate more on this bus service in my next post to Petite France) We happened to miss the bus and were advised to take a cab instead.

Upon stepping out of the station, you will see an information counter.
Not to worry, if you have problems you can ask the staff there.



From the station to the ferry terminal via cab it's only a short ride of 15 mins and costs only about 3000won. Super cheap and fast!

I definitely recommend taking a cab instead of other modes of transportation. In this case, if you are spending a day in Nami ( which you will be able to, easily) it will not be worth the money to take the Gapyeong Inter-City Tour Bus as you will not be able to hop off to other attractions and get back to the mainland in time. 

The cab drivers there are used to visitors going to Nami Island and will have no problem understanding you.

From the 'Immigration' terminal go ahead and get your ticket admissions into the fees (which includes the ferry ride)


With your 8000won Visa, you are now ready to enter the Naminara Republic!!! ^___^

I was really glad to be able to travel with 2 of my new found friends from the same hostel- a pair of lovely sisters whom I still keep in touch with

Let's board~~

Look at the loong queue~~ can you spot my friend? haha

On board the ferry, international flags adorned the ferry and I found the Singapore flag!!
Big smile.

Everyone was in a joyous mood.
Waved to other ferries passing by and they waved back.

Time to disembark!!
Spot the many tourists, both domestic and international~~ 


There are many children books and themes relating to children lying around the island because Nami Island supports UNICEF~~ 


LOVE LOVE LOVE is everywhere~~~ 

ah 伤脑经啊~~!( my head hurts/ headache/ problem)

 My new found friend from Indonesia!! 

 They are amazing at posing for photos... haha total natural~~ Finally in this post onwards I will have other photo poses other than putting my hands in my pockets.... HAHAH

The weather was so much warmer in Nami... totally different from other parts of Seoul ( which was freezing still in April~~)  love the weather there ~ 



 Cute-O-MI~~ okay, I say so myself

 And...tada guess what I saw... the MERLION, YES Singapore's pride~ wow this is amazing. Why did it appear there? I don't know... haha

the bridge leading to the Winter Sonata kissing site~~~ SERENE~~~~ 



I LOVE LOVE the boribibimbap ( barley rice ver of bibimbap) 

CUTE or not??? all made of recycled materials~~


HELLO Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia! We are best friends okay? ^____^ 
( I LUV this photo to the Max)

My 2 dear friends were so good at taking photos, we took these photos below with self-timer!!! Auto.... and the effect?  SPLENDID~~~
No.1

No.2

No.3

No.4


okay someone took this photo for us~


Even took a photo with Jae-Suk!




 In the UNICEF showcase room




There are just so many pretty spots to take photos and to wander at.... we spent 1 full day there and left feeling exhausted.. In fact 1 day was not even enough hahah.... I love and enjoyed myself at Nami so so much I will be back again!!! I read somewhere that there will be some updates/changes to the decorations in Nami from time to time, depending on the seasons.... I hope that it's true....

I love this lavender mint ice cream ~ ~~~ DAEBAK~!!

 at another cafe... is this CUTE OR WHAT??!!! 

 Every part of Nami is just so scenic, your camera will work non-stop

more eateries

I am so amused~~

 Hanging on a tree.. Pororo and friends haha so cute


WInter sonata~~~

This is not the actual one of course, in a souvenir shop and I was surprised so many people has signed on it 

 Stones stacked for wishes and blessings

 I learnt this pose from the sisters... hahahah ( I just need to crop out the 'extras') 



I LOVE THE TREES~~~ SO PRETTY and endlessly brunching up into the sky

 my friends~~ haha cute

Pretty lake nearby!!

kimchi house~~

 cute mouse@@





Are you bored by my photos already?? I hope not~~~@.@

 This has got to be the best yummiest snack ever!! hottdeok 호떡!  pan-fried pancake filled with red bean paste for only 1000won!!!


  
Even the residential Goose (or duck?) craves for this delicious snack

My cute sister~~ 


 this is the actual site for the kissing scene



Sawadee~~~ Isn't Nami amazing?






Nami is a children friendly place... everything is about mother and child's bonding ~~ so lovely












I have come to the end of my post on Nami Island!! Hope you enjoyed the photos as much as I do~~~

Is your heart fluttering for Nami Island now? Visit this lovely wonderful paradise soon~~~  :)

Stay Tuned for more of my updates of my travel in Korea

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Your post is Fantastic!
    Keep up the Good Work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Explore places to visit in South Korea with Rough Guides: find out when to go, view ... why the country isn't a more popular stop on the international travel circuit. Korea108

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much obliged to you for some other educational online journal. Where else would I be able to understand that kind of data written in such a perfect means? I have a mission that I'm a few seconds ago taking a shot at, and I have been at the post for such data. thailand travel guide

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:24 PM

    Hi, may I know which time of the year you go? tHanks.

    ReplyDelete