[Media Invite] My experiences as a guest scooper with Ben and Jerry's Free Cone Day Singapore #fcdsg

by - Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hello!! Were you at Ben and Jerry's Free Cone Day for you for your free ice cream?
I am back from my first experience as an ice cream scooper with Ben and Jerry's at their Vivocity outlet! I must said it has been an awesome, once-in-a-lifetime experience and well worth taking my day off for. :)  

Free Cone Day comes once in a year and happens across the globe internationally at all Ben and Jerry's.
Here I am, getting all ready- To Scoop!!

I have always been very supportive of Ben and Jerry's charity efforts and jumped in at this opportunity as a guest scooper with Ben and Jerry for the first time this year~~ I was there for 2 shifts which amounted to some 4 hours. Though there were some hiccups in the morning due to some confusions and our inexperience, I was glad I stayed throughout and did my part because everything went on smoothly later, much thanks to the Ben and Jerry's team for the guidance~~

Me serving some long awaited customers! 

In the name of good fun and spirit, although I didn't really contributed as much as the experienced scoopers ( I marveled at the girls' strengths at scooping those hard, or sometimes too soft ice-creams) but I must really thank the Ben and Jerry's team for a job well done! It was definitely NOT easy to prepare 50,000 scoops of ice cream, with more than 9,000 justat Vivocity alone! 

I enjoyed my time spent with Ben and Jerry's and am proud to be part of their Free Cone Day this year!
Here are some shots of me and if you click on my Instagram (above), you will be able to see many more behind the scene pictures.

Just to add on, this year a new initiative- Free Cone Day on Wheels was introduced as a way to spread the joy of Ben and Jerry Ice Cream to the beneficiaries. In total, they managed to visit a total of 18 centers under the CCA and reach out to more than 5,300 beneficiaries and caregivers.

Here are some of the children from the APSN Chaoyang School enjoying their ice-cream! 

 As well as children from the Cerebral Palsy Alliance Singapore (CPAS) having fun!

 So now, you can be assured your donations on Free Cone Day are in good hands with the The Children’s Charities Association of Singapore
Do join in again for your free ice cream next year!! Together we thank you for your support! 

Connect with Ben & Jerry's Singapore today!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/benjerrysingapore 
Instagram: @benandjerrysg, https://instagram.com/benandjerrysg
 Twitter: @benandjerrysg, https://twitter.com/benandjerrysg 


Have a MOO-TASTIC Day!!


You May Also Like

0 comments