Quirky Instant Nissin Cup Rice From Japan

by - Sunday, September 01, 2013

My dear sis from Japan sent me some microwavable Nissin Instant Rice products and I was intrigued by its packaging and how the preparation came about.
Uniquely Japan I would say.
From left Curry Flavour and on the right, the Original Flavour.

Call me a nut-head, but I have NEVER had, much less seen this product before. So it was to my wonderful amazement and excitement to tuck into it. 
So this is what it looks like upon opening, typically similar to cup instant noodles' contents. Comes with 2 packets of flavouring, just pour them in and microwave for 10 mins or so. ^___^

..... And TADA!!! The rice is cooked and Well DONE! I have totally no idea what Original is supposed to taste like but WOW it was super delicious! Fragrant and big on taste, similar to rice with braised gravy over. I was super amazed the rice was so well cooked and flavoured in a matter of minutes.

I think I should try looking for them in Singapore.... Have you tried these Instant Cup Rice before?

You May Also Like

0 comments