That Pink KARA Cafe and Dessert Bar

by - Friday, August 09, 2019

I admit, I have been MIA when it comes to updating my blog. It's just that between work and spending weekends with my loved ones, there is so much going on and I couldn't find a time to write. In addition my laptop was lagging at supersonic slow speed and I lost my touch with the updates for awhile. I know, excuses, but I promise to keep up again.

So thank you, if you are still reading this, because it means a lot to me! 

Today's post is just about food.


Because we love our food so much, much of our dating activities revolves around spamming on the latest food trends and delicious cuisine where ever we can fin (because as Bae says, "we need to eat everyday") - in moderation of course, and with lots of cardio workouts thereafter. 

On one particular weekend, we headed to Kara Cafe and Dessert Bar, located in the western part of Singapore - Bukit Timah. The cafe sells a range of mains, desserts and Froyo by Sogurt, but I was there there mainly because of the cafe's pink hues.

Spamming on photos for that instagrammable shot and basically loving it.





















The Food Affair

There is something for everyone on the menu but we had our eyes set on the rice bowls. Not tucking in until we spammed a few more photos with the very photogenic background.

Here's the Soy Glazed Salmon with Kimchi Fried Rice $17.
I truly enjoyed every bite of the spicy-tangy kimchi fried rice, enhanced by the assorted choices of sides such as the crispy-skinned salmon and the savoury wanton , slaw, corn and onsen egg which just oozed goodness and made the whole bowl extra delicious.

Tempura Fish Kimchi $16
Crispy fried tempura fish fillet among the fresh cucumbers, edamame, kimchi, mayo and avocado. A palatable bowl of healthy rice grains. A simple yet heartwarming bowl of goodness.




For the dessert, we had the Matcha Berry Homemade Mochi Waffles $12.50 which was oh-very-nice. As you sink in between the waffles, you can feel its bouncy, mochi-marshmallow like texture and was a delight to eat even on its own. Accompanied by the ice-cream and the berries drizzled in matcha sauce, it was a happy bliss to the end of a meal.


The KARA Cafe also supports event functions and catering. We saw some party going on at their 2nd level shop front. Also found out that Burpple Beyond has them on 1-for-1. 
Check them out!



You May Also Like

0 comments