LABORME APP HELPS YOU TO GET THINGS DONE

by - Wednesday, October 19, 2016

LaborMe LaborYou

Oh just when you crave for that Michelin Soy Chicken Noodles or the Baked Cheese Tarts but had absolutely no time to spare queuing for them, where can you seek help?

There is a new kid app on the block that sets to help you complete your tasks without spending time and effort. 
Not only just serving you in Singapore, LaborMe also brings you stuff back from Johor Bahru! Now you don't have to spend time stuck in jams? At the beginning, only certain items from JB are available to be carried over and it started with Uncle Tetsu’s Signature Cheesecake. But now as I am looking at the app now, they have added a new merchant from JB- Hiap Joo Bakery!! Omg. 

LaborMe taps on a community that regularly travels between JB and Singapore and allows Singaporeans to request for Taskers in JB to purchase cheaper products on their behalf and bring
them back to Singapore. Amazing? 

How it works?

Simply sign up and choose to :

1. "Discover Tasks" AKA you can be the tasker! Andear some money in the process. ( Afternote: So far when I tried to be a tasker I had not been successful. Either the buyer thinks my biding price is too high or else. I was never awarded and somethings the buyer never even respond and the task just expires. So, really I don't think as a public I will be able to earn as a tasker. For now, LaborMe's taskers are all employed under their pool. In their words, they had a strict verification process before allowing taskers to accept any tasks in Singapore.) 

2. "Create a Task" AKA Be the buyer. Select the Task Types: Courier/Pickup, Food Delivery ( yes where the yummies get sent to your house), Shopping and Everything Else. 

So  I "Create a Task" to purchase the Uncle Tetsu Cheesecakes from Johor. 
Once I have keyed in my address, delivery time, I can set the "OFFER PRICE" which, is the amount I want to pay the driver/ tasker. 
( Afternote: I realized I can only set the delivery date for 'Today' or 'Tomorrow' which means I cannot place future orders. This might pose inconvenience for early planners like myself.)

Note the food price is to be paid to the tasker on the spot. Of course as the buyer, you would want to offer as low as possible, but if it's too low... will taskers bite?  But of course don't offer too low like $3 for a JB trip... you know... what will the tasker earn seriously? 

Anyway thereafter, once the task is posted, just wait for a tasker to bid. 

The tasker will propose his bid and depending if you think is acceptable you can swipe to accept or reject. 

Delivery
And that's all sit back and relax while waiting for your delivery to arrive on the stipulate date and time! 
( Afternote: Though I can in-app message the tasker, but it's way better to get the contact of your tasker to sms him/her directly.)

I was elated when Uncle Tetsu’s Signature Cheesecake came knocking on my door.
Prior, I had asked the tasker how fresh the cake will be and he said he bought them fresh daily from the orders. 

The nearest Uncle Tetsu outlet is at Jalan Austin Height, which from the map doesn't look exactly near to JB's City Square. 

The delivery came on time as promised. 

I have never had cheesecake from this brand but it came nicely packed and intact. 
Freshly baked as seen from the date. 
Taste? Light fluffy and so moist! I was tempted to finish the melty cake in one setting. 
Best of all? It wasn't overly sweet non too cloying cheesy.

PERFECT!! 

Try LaborMe if you need to complete tasks on hand!!

LaborMe app is available on Android PlayStore or Apple iTunes


You May Also Like

0 comments