DRIVER'S CONTACTS AND RECOMMENDATION FOR TAICHUNG TRAVEL, TAIWAN

by - Thursday, May 12, 2016


***
This is the final entry for My 'Outskirt Taichung City' and here I will be sharing my drivers' contacts. So basically, after searching for my online resources on recommended drivers, I finally narrowed down and engaged 原乡谷派车中心。

Price

The amount was 3500 NT for one whole day, regardless of a number of pax 4-5 max( I believe), for 1 vehicle. This price includes travelling destinations to outer areas of Taichung City, not easily accessible by public transportation. There are no trains and thus you many only take bus or taxis. To save time, I will strongly recommend you to hire a driver.

For 3500 NT, it includes travelling to Gao Mei Wetlands. If however, you do not want to head there, the price can be slashed by 500NT. The pricing is based not on the number of pax but by the distance travelled and hence even for 1 pax it will be based on this same rate. There is no need to pay extras like for petrol or tips etc.

I had read through many recommendations and the pricing could be lower than 3500 but because the posts were written some times ago, they had already inflated the prices now and can go up to as high as 4000NT for one day trip.

Why 原乡谷派车中心?

Firstly, they were very responsive. The boss of the transport company will be the main liaison via their mainline number. Thereafter they will then dispatched out their jobs to their respective team of drivers. Secondly, of course they are cheaper than others

How?

Contact them is easy and can be done via Whatsapp. Simply add him at +886 927888032 and message them. However, I have to mention they only are able to accept if you can converse in Mandarin. Similarly when you Whatsapp them you have to write in Chinese. I have spoken to my guide/driver and he had told me that it will not be possible if you are non-mandarin speaking as they can't converse in English. Not much anyway.
How it goes is that you can basically tell the boss where you would like to go and they will plan out the route for you. Along the way, should you have any changes, you can inform him and he will give you suggestions.

When confirmed, they will even send over a receipt like the one below. 

Via What?

I was picked up by a yellow cab which is akin to the one below and it's their national registered cab. In fact, many used it to pick-up chartering services. Timing for engagement starts from 9am, at your accommodation and ends about 6 to 7pm, usually with the drop off at Feng Jia Night Market. 

You can spot a line of cabs waiting for their visitors at attractions.

Experience Summary

I had a great time with my driver/guide and was lucky to be attended by the driver who is the son of this company's big boss. He was very polite and engaging, giving lots of info and talks along the journey. Of course I was not expecting on a chatty driver who filled me with information but I am glad it turned out to be positive.  Their company have lots of experiences picking up guests from Singapore and Mainland China.

Although I cannot guarantee who will be the driver picking you up and how the experience will turn out to be, I still find them a trust able company to engage and hope you will benefit from this recommendation~ 
Of course, hiring a driver will greatly increase cost sharing benefits if you have more people with you! 

原乡谷派车中心
Whatsapp/ LINE in Mandarin :  +886 927888032

***

Not-So-Recommended Attractions

There are other attractions I have seen often from travelers visiting which I didn't go as was advised. Thus here's some sharing, in case you are wondering why.

Summit Resort 新社古堡庄园
Xinshe Castle as it's loosely translated,  looks lovely on the photos and I had been tempted to visit.  However, I was told that it’s mainly a photo shoot/ dining place with nothing much to do. An area filled with man-made European inspired architecture and castles.
 Since I had wanted something more localized, being in Taiwan, experiencing Europe was not a priority for me and thus I this place was eliminated.  They also spot the most expensive admission tickets amongst others and I often read from other travelers it’s a boring place and not worth visiting.


 Moncoeur 心之芳庭
Another place spotted along the way towards Lavender Garden and hence I asked about it. Basically this place is especially created for wedding/ photography shoots with all the man-made props and all. It’s really beautiful and lovely but other than that there is nothing to do over there. Unless you are here for wedding shoots, skip it. 


Ending

This sums up for this entry I have and posts 1-5 have stated on the places I managed to cover within a day. 
I hope you find this info useful for your planning to Taichung City!

My trip to Taiwan this times has been made possible by EVA AIRWAYS and I will be sharing more on my Eva Airways Hello Kitty Flight Experience coming up soon!

I will be covering my Hong Kong trip before moving back to writing on Taiwan again.
Please follow me on Instagram

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thank you very much for sharing information that will be much helpful for making coursework my effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given a very informative piece of writing. Thank you so much for this, will be looking forward for more.

    ReplyDelete