[Movie preview] Black and White: The Dawn of Justice 痞子英雄2:黎明升起 in Singapore now.

by - Sunday, October 12, 2014

I have not felt compelled to write a movie review for the longest time. But this time I am excited to share with you my afterthoughts after watching Black & White 2 <痞子英雄2:黎明升起>. No this is not going to be a synopsis or intro of the movie, it's just going to the after-thoughts. If you need to find the synopsis etc just google or head to any cinema like GV for the plots. Wouldn't even consider it to be a review becoz I am no movie critic but simply just a 'movie-enjoyer' ( is there even such a term?) Anyways... read on~~

(source:  http://twitchfilm.com/)

I have to declare I had totally no idea on the background of the movie and simply had known it's an action flick seemingly so highly raved online, we just had to see. However, I got more than my worth of money with this whole 120mins in the theatre. I have to say the whole movie was freaking awesome!! I was practically exclaiming  on tenterhooks every moment, every scene there is to it. 

First the effects were like WOW, exploding right in your face, with the use of 3D art and technology, as I have googled out. The exploding scenes shot in different parts of Taiwan e.g in Taipei, portrays iconic symbols such as major subway stations, shopping malls and even high speed rails.Such realism tugged my heart strings. Maybe it's because I have been to Taiwan before and all these scenes pulled a sense of familiarity and dawned on me what a disaster this could actually be if it's real ( for the whole 120mins at least. Totally immersed in the storyline). Though we have seen quite a lot of scenes in western movies when you know cities collapsed and crumbled due to terrorism or bomb attacks etc., but 痞子英雄2 being an asian movie, set in an asian city, particularly brings a much realistic presence. Praise to Director Tsai Yueh Hsun 蔡岳勳.

Of course the whole storyline was quick and intense with twists and turns and I promise, there is not a dull second.

Now the cast. I have no prior background on who they were and simply were once again, won over by their acting and performance after the show. So much so I went to google about them. :) That's how awesome, I felt.

Anyway, main lead, Mark Chao (Taiwan, ROC)  赵又廷 plays 'supercop' Wu Ying Xiong and he executes his action fighting scene with so much vigor and power, all the fighting scenes became such a realistic excitement to watch. I am not sure if he's really martially trained in real life, but I believe he could be. The punches and fits were flying here and there and I thought he must have really fought with all his might, will and devotion to have the scenes turned out so awesome. mai min yan chu. 

so of course all the actors were great even those portraying as villains. Totally. 

Now the other lead, Lin Geng Xin (China) 林更新 plays Wu Ying Xing's partner and was really good looking though he didn't really display much fighting skills and was a bit unfortunate. His role was mainly a comic relief role I suppose. Nonetheless still great. 

The 3rd character who caught my attention was the Black Hawk member who solely survived-  Xiu Jiekai 修杰楷 plays Huang Shi Kai. With an athletic build and frame, his character assisted Wu Ying Xiong in eventually stopping the launch of a 2nd biochemical missile. 

(Source:http://twitchfilm.com/)

Upon researching I found out that :
1. This character Huang Shi Kai appeared in  Black & White 1: The Dawn of Assault <痞子英雄首部曲:全面開戰> and there were some mystery previously left hanging 
2. To my greatest surprise there was a movie before this?? ( You know, when they screen the movie in Singapore, there was no '2' on the movie title. So I was oblivious, of course :)) 
3. There's even a drama to start it off in the very beginning and was starred by Vic Chou (周渝民). I mean this is wow news for me. 

Okay the discovery of a prequel before this current one was intriguing.
 I vow to find the 1st movie and watch it! I hope I can~~SOON.

Yes back to the story, basically revolves around the characters trying to stop the destruction of Harbor City by the villains, while working against time to stop the spreading of a virus ( cultivated on a live-body) which once release would destroy the human race. In this age and technology, biochemical weapons sound probable and thus makes the storyline realistic. 

Oh yah and a special cameo by singapore's own local actor Christopher Lee was really a pleasant surprise. Was really delighted to see a familiar face all of a sudden. He headed as the general/head of EMP. 

and yup finally a pretty female lead Janine Chang 張鈞甯 who played Lan Xi ying looks strangely to me like Yuri from SNSD. That asides, she portrays well~ 

In all, the actors all did a really fantastic job in executing all the impactful choreography, making all the scenes so realistically intense for the audiences. Didn't expect it to be so exhilarating but truly enjoyed every 120 minutes of the movie. I say 'Go watch it before it goes down from the cinemas!' 

好看!!! 






And..... I will be finding  Black & White I: The Dawn of Assault  and if I have time and the means , maybe the drama too?
 How exciting. 

Okay that's all from me and my little piece on the movie. See ya! 








You May Also Like

0 comments