[Smartphone Review] The new LG G4 #TryTheGreat

by - Friday, September 04, 2015


It took me long to get back this article which I had written for LG based on their latest LG G4's launch back in July this year. As part of their new initiative, LG has for the first time invited about 50 users to try and test the #LGG4 for a month.  

The contest runs with the G4 up for grabs based on number of Likes and most well-written criteria and that's how I got my hands of the lovely G4 worth S$998. Thank you LG G4 and Hardware Zone! 

Below's my review of the amazing LG G4! ( The photos quality differs  because I copied and pasted the review from the offcial website. All copyrights are the author's.) 

♦♦♦
Unboxing was exciting as I looked forward to receive the contoured G4 with a genuine leatherback cover design. Though I wasn’t in luck with the leather version, I had the chance to hold on to the Metallic Grey version, which surprisingly looks just as sleek and chic. Shaped and textured akin to honed metal, the Metallic Grey is just one of the 8 rear covers- spanning from vegetable-tanned leathers to other premiums- available. G4 aspires to create an exceptional #trythegreat visual and sensory experience for users and my experience with it so far have been nothing short of excitement.


Following its predecessors, the G4 has its important control buttons embedded at the back. It may be the first time I’m using an LG phone but getting the hang of it is a breeze. In fact I’m loving the way the control features’ been arranged. Conveniently sleek without interruptions on the front interface.

Handling the phone comes as second nature whenever my palm cradles round the contours of the G4. The slightly concave curvature of the G4 denotes elegance, balancing the edginess vibe.  The 8.9mm thin profile is easy to handle and the grip is comfortable even for smaller palm sizes like mine. The G4 feels comfortable to touch and doesn’t evoke the plastic feel. A firm and sturdy, yet lightweight on my palms at all times.

With soft squared edges framing the 5.5’ display, the G4 supports Quad HD display giving off strong vibrant colors and producing crisp clear displays. This makes the interactive experience more engaging and intuitive.


A comforting feature retained is the removable 3000mAh battery, which allows for more endurance from day to night usage. The G4 has an internal 32GB, 3GB RAM and the microSD memory card slot attached comes much celebrated as users can expect higher storage capacities. This is especially crucial for the very exciting camera features which I’ll introduce in my next post.
The G4 has become my happy pill these days, bringing much conveniences and fun to my daily experiences.  "See the Great, Feel the Great. #trythegreat."

( 2nd update: 29 May)
The LG G4 has become my daily companion and personal secretary as I fiddle away with features such as the Smart Notice 2.0, buzzing out notices and helping me get organized. The Glance View is useful when I don’t want to wake up my phone yet want to access time, date and taskbar notifications. For all my appointments, the Smart Calendar has assisted me with its easy drag and drop Event Pockets.
The G4’s camera has gone down low with an aperture of f1.8; really brightening up photos taken any time of the day. The rear-facing camera sports 16MP with large image sensor for precise detailing and accurate color balance. The optical image stabilization has been improved and reduced shakiness. The front-camera takes really beautiful selfies with auto beautification. Shooting at 8MP and framed by soft selfie light, capturing is easy with the remote Gesture Shutter function and really fun to activate.
Lots of control possibilities with the manual mode in the ability to toggle between shutter speed, ISO levels, white balance, exposure and file format (RAW or JEPG format). The possibilities are endless in capturing that perfect low-light or fast movement freeze. With the G4, I have gone on to capture many impromptu night shots – gorgeously captured with low noise, high clarity and bright colors without lost of details. I was amazed by what could be achieved.


The experience would not be complete without the brilliancy of the 5.5” IPS Quantum full display, making interactions with the G4 much more enjoyable.
The G4 is right up my alley, especially with its gorgeous camera functions for all shutterbugs. I love my DSLR but with the G4, it makes photography intuitive and conveniently awesome. It has truly been a beautiful journey, all thanks to LG.
♦♦♦

Ever so thankful of this opportunity.
If you would like to know more about the LG G4 experience, feel free to contact me. Thanks for reading!

You can head on to LG Singapore Mobile and Singapore HardwareZone for more reviews and writeups.



You May Also Like

0 comments